Organization: Bob’s House of Hope, a program of Ranch Hands Rescue
Bob’s House of Hope, a nonprofit organization working to prevent and combat the sex trafficking of boys and young men, has an impactful opportunity for a creative rock star to play a direct role in preventing human trafficking as a Social Marketing Intern.
Role: Social Marketing Intern Partner; Field Experience
Responsible to: CEO, Executive Director
Direct report and Preceptor: Strategy Consultant
Time commitment: approximately 12 to 15 weeks, 145 contact hours; flexible scheduling
Prerequisite: Introduction to Social Marketing course; experience engaging with various social media and other marketing channels
Role description: The Social Marketing Intern Partner will have the opportunity to be immersed in a nonprofit public health setting, specifically human trafficking prevention and intervention, under the mentorship of a Preceptor with lived experience. The Intern Partner will also gain interpersonal education experience through interactions with the agency’s CEO and Executive Director, human trafficking survivor-leaders, the clinical team, the Board of Directors, and community partners outside of public health.
● Supporting the Strategy Consultant in developing, executing and evaluating a social marketing strategy by conducting audience identification and research, landscape analysis, identifying social determinants of health associated with the sex trafficking of male-identifying young people, current health and social challenges, content development, benchmarking, messaging and distribution.
● Conceptualization and implementation of a national awareness campaign
● Working with the team to generate, edit, publish, and share content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act
● Assist with moderation of user-generated content in line with the policies & procedures
● Assist with updating of editorial calendars
● All content to be approved before posting to any platform or other channel
● Co-development and co-facilitation of community awareness presentations
The benefits to you:
● $1000 stipend
● The ability to satisfy internship and other college requirements
● The opportunity to build a resume, CV, or Portfolio to enhance professional and academic marketability
● Free admission to Ranch Hands Rescue and Bob’s House of Hope special events, including the annual Ignite Hope Gala hosted every September in Denton, Texas
● The opportunity to develop communications & engagement skills
● The satisfaction of knowing you will be making a difference in children’s and young people’s lives
● Deeper understanding of social determinants of health associated with various forms of human trafficking and its comorbidities
● Free resources and training about human trafficking, sex trafficking of male, public health interventions, and ongoing support
Skills you need for this role:
● Excellent writing, designing, and editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
● Knowledge of public health-related behavior change techniques
● A warm, friendly, and engaging manner
● Ability to work on own initiative
● Willingness to learn about violence against boys and men
● Understanding of and commitment to equality, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism
Those with lived experience, members of underserved groups, including male-identifying individuals and/or public health students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn more about Bob’s House of Hope at www.BobsHouseofHope.org.
For consideration, please send a CV, cover letter and examples of previous creative work to email@example.com with “Social Media Volunteer” in the subject line.